Launch Anniversary of Global Clinical Trials – Zygoma Impants!
It has been one year since the launch of Global Clinical Trials that compare a revolutionary discovery in Dental Implantology known as Zygoma implants to the conventional method of implantology. The Rajan Dental Institute is one of only five centres worldwide and the only centre in Asia that has been selected to conduct this trial! The research work in Chennai is spearheaded by Dr. R. Gunaseelan, Medical Director of the Rajan Dental Institute and President of the Chennai Dental Research Foundation. The most recent research meeting was held in New York City on June 20, 2013, at the same time as the Nobel Biocare Global Symposium. The Zygoma technique uses the cheek bone to anchor upper jaw implants rather than using a traditional hipbone graft. The advantages of Zygoma implants over conventional implants are:
- Fixed artificial teeth within 72 hours as opposed to up to 6 months
- No need for hip or any bone graft (graft-less technique)
- Less discomfort for patient
- Immediate ability to bite and chew food
- Immediate confidence boost with great looking teeth!